Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A study on Turquoise


I will admit I'm a little Turquoise crazy at the moment. I LOVE this colour. There are so many tone/shade variations that are possible within the spectrum of what can be still considered 'turquoise'.

So I took that love/obsession and turned a couple of meters worth of white mohair into TURQUOISE mohair! Each piece is the result of a different combination of dyes and techniques. And surprisingly I've actually found getting specific turquoise shades to be quite tricky. So if there is a piece here you really like I recommend snapping it up, as I'm not likely to be able to replicate it exactly.

(also, it might pay to grab your favourite piece before I start pulling some aside for further Emma's Bears projects! Do you know how hard it is to put those stunning curly long pile pieces up for sale... I want to keep them all!!!)








No comments:

Post a Comment