Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New Bear - well actually its a guinea pig!

I did it! I made some little mohair guinea pigs. Following on from an earlier post about how I found that secret stash of mohair scraps, I realised that a lot of them would work well as guinea pig colours. A little bit of brain storming and scribbled designing later - and the result are these two sweet cartoon-like mohair guinea pigs. I was aiming for 'realism' with the shape - but alas the heads are too squat to be realistic. But I am actually really happy with them despite this. I think I'll keep tweaking the patterns with each new piggy I make though - but that's just human nature I think!



6 comments:

  1. They have got to be some of the cutest little thinks I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Mr Heinz! I have a few more in the works too. I think there's going to be a guinea pig population explosion here! (they do say they multiply like rabbits! :P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should make a pregnant one, with babies inside that you can take out. i'm planning on doing something similar, but with a different animal (it's a secret - I have a lot of these lately, in my sketchbook. the ideas come faster than the execution, unfortunately).

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. Thats so funny. i was actually thinking of doing that exact same idea, but with a bear. I made one way back when i was like 16. But i didn't pull it off very well. And i was too lazy to make a baby for inside of the tummy, so just stuck a note inside saying 'gone fishin' :P

    ReplyDelete