Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Maia, my first Tissavel fur bear




It took a little while to get this big fluff-ball done as the kids have been a little more demanding lately. Nothing I can really put my finger on, but the days have been long, and the crying has been synchronized!



But here she is in all of her Tissavel fur gorgeousness. I am seriously in love with this fur. It honestly is the softest faux fur I've ever worked with - and the backing was incredible. No stretch or fraying, and very strong.

I've called her Maia, and she's currently available on bearpile and etsy.




This is what her fur looked like pre-bear. A stunning zebra pattern. I wasn't sure what this would look like made-up, but it really has come out beautifully. I've got my last piece of this all ready to go for a slightly smaller bear like Maia, but I do have some of this exact same fur in the 'snowleopard' spotted effect for sale in my etsy store...





This is what the snow leopard fur looks like, exact same pile, colouring - just a different print. I can't wait to use this one too. The spots will probably look even better than the stripes.



This fur can be purchased here, starting from cut pieces at 1/8m, going up to full 1m lengths. I hate paying postage when I order items online, so I've capped all postage in my esty store at a maximum of $10. This means you could purchase my ENTIRE STORE full of bear supply items for no more than $10 postage - any where in the world!

1 comment:

  1. I agree I think the leopard one will come up even nicer than the stripe.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete