Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New Plush Piggy



We had a wonderful new arrival of three healthy little guinea pig bubs on Sunday. Meet Mika, Molly and Mason. (I've got extra photos/videos of them on my guinea pig blog if you're interested).

They're arrival inspired me to whip up another plush piggy. This guy is made from a really unusual patchy choc/cream/black faux fur that has a real animal-ish look to it.




I decided to try and sculpt him a nose out of clay because I was never satisfied with how the noses turned out when embroidered. I think I like the clay nose better. It's not exactly like a real guinea pig, but probably as close as I'm able to get with my skill level. And once I figured out the shape I needed, the nose didn't take too long to make either. I had it shaped, cooked and attached in about 30mins. I love it when things just work out like that!

I've called this guy 'Reid', after the daddy piggy of the babies shown above. He's also a donation guinea pig, with $10 from his adoption fee being donated directly to The Cavy Cottage shelter. You can check out his etsy listing for more information.


2 comments:

  1. The three new arrivals are adorable and so is the one that you created. I love the way the nose turned out. What kind of clay did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi maddyrose, its just a polymer clay - Ozzle brand.

    ReplyDelete