Sunday, October 17, 2010
A new Panda, as promised
I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I was working on a new panda. This is the finished product. I've named him Lyric. I have no idea why - it just jumped out at me as the right name for him!
He is made from the last of my stash of these two gorgeous pieces of mohair. I just love using this pattern for pandas. I know he doesn't have a very 'Panda-ish' shape, but I love the long arms and legs, and the fat little belly. I've made a few non-traditional pandas over the years from various versions of this pattern of mine.
I've just listed him on bearpile, and plan to list him on etsy and madeit too - later on today if I get a chance, or if he doesn't sell before then (I can hope! :P).
I also finished two more baby comforter elephant cushions too. This time in a gorgeous silky chocolate brown synthetic fur with skull and cross bone satin ears! Something a little more 'punk' for a more daring nursery!