Sunday, August 18, 2013

Black, White and Gold


These three little cherubs were under construction earlier this week. Then I got sick.

I don't usually get sick. This was new for me. Everyone else in this house can have temps and coughs, or be vomiting and up all night complaining - but I just don't *usually* seem to succumb.

Until tuesday. I went to bed tuesday night with a slightly sore throat and a bit of a headache, slept really badly and woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. I spent the next few days mostly in my bed dealing with what I'm assuming was just one of the many winter viruses going around brisbane this season, combined with the worst morning sickness I've had in any of my pregnancies. But we all survived (I did ask Mark to put me out of my misery at one stage...  Thankfully he declined! lol).

 He actually stepped up and took on a lot of the things the kids were used to me doing - on top of all the bear fabric order packing and business emails... and we got through! I honestly have never had such an appreciation for my usual good health. I had definitely taken it for granted.



I'm still not better, but I'm bloody well better enough to get back to work. I have some wonderful nausea wafers to help with the morning sickness, and I think the excessive amounts of sleep have just been what my body needed to get on top of the virus.

I managed to get these three cute little cherubs actually finished this afternoon too - just in time to snap some photos before we ran out of light. I've called them 'Sovann' (means 'gold' in Cambodian), 'Sareh' (which means 'pure' in Persian) and 'Sable' which means 'black' in English.


'Sovann': 


All three girls are currently available in our etsy store. If you'd like to adopt all three, this is certainly possible (until one or two get adopted anyway), and postage will be combined.

They've been made in three colours of our kid mohair fabric range. We've sold out of the white, but have a reasonable amount of the gold and black left if you're inspired to make something like these guys yourself. The pink kid mohair would work nicely too.




~*~

'Sable': 



~*~

'Sareh': 




And in the midst of all the illness and craziness of the last week, we had our first ultrasound scan booked to make sure the little surrogate bub was growing like he should, and had implanted in a good spot (and that there was only ONE baby!) - and everything is looking good, nice heartbeat and the perfect size for where he should be. One tiny (1.01cm long) baby at 7wks gestation.




5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you have been poorly. I think your 3 bears are great.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so Happy for you that you fell a litle better now....and Big Hugs and Congrats for the New Baby to come! :)
    These three teddies are so cute...love the white one most :)
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma
    Your three bears are little cuties, and I especially like Sable!
    Glad go hear you're on the mend - this time of year is notorious for bugs and viruses.
    All the best to you and the baby to come.
    and Hugs from Kayzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys, Winter is usually horrible for bugs and germs isn't it. And I love it how everyone has a different favourite out of these three bears. I just assumed everyone would like the gold one best (because i think she has the cuter face) - but everyone sees something different. Which is really cool :)

    ReplyDelete