Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Strange Thing


Meet 'The Strange Thing'.

I found him in one of the bags rattling around in the 'bear-bits-box' last week.

My first thought was maybe he was a cat, or a dragon? But then I pulled him out, and laid him down as he looks like he should be assembled... and I'm stumped. I have no idea what he's supposed to be!




His head and ears look quite teddy-like, and have been sewn and turned already. He also has a very long, narrow tail sewn and turned from the same long pile faux fur.

His body has odd little pointed arms, all positioned sightly differently - making him look like he's mid-crawl.


I sewed all that needed to be sewn on his body - and this is how he looked before being turned right side out.





And this is after. I am even more stumped now!!! What on earth is this! With the forked hands/feet/claws? And the large body, long tail, rounded bear-like ears and snub nosed-face... I have no idea where to go from here!

Would love to hear what you guys think? If you've seen a design like this before, or have any suggestions as to what he should look like when finished...

I kind of need to decide what he's going to be before I give him a face! :P


3 comments:

  1. Hi Emma,
    Does he look a bit like the Cat pattern that was around a couple of years ago - Gerrys used to sell it. Looked like a Persian with dark short haired legs in a sphinx type position ???
    Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were right Stephanie! He was indeed a cat - and I wouldn't be surprised if this was the design that was used to make him as the description is nearly exact!

      Delete
  2. I've no idea, but don't take too long finishing him, I am curious to how he will turn out. This is one for what they call 'artistic license' I think.

    ReplyDelete