Friday, June 14, 2013

Ribbon and Rose mini tutorial


We stock a LOT of accessories for bears in our supplies store Fur Addiction. Which is bloody awesome for me - cause I have them all at my finger tips!

I haven't used the mini roses for a little while, so I thought I'd do a quick tutorial of photos to show you guys how I work with them. I'm sure everyone has their own way of putting together their bear accessories - but this is how I make a rose-garland/collar:

Step 1 (see top photo) - cut some slits in a length of ribbon at equal intervals (use the size of your particular flower as a guide). Take the green 'cap' off the back of the mini rose and poke the stem through the slit.

Step 2 (see below) - apply a small amount of PVA glue to the stem/around the slit on the ribbon to prevent fraying and help the cap stay on securely.





Step 3 (above) - push the cap back on. You'll need to apply a little bit of pressure to make sure it clips in, but just be careful you don't squish the petal-side of the rose. Let it dry for a few hours.



Step 4 (above) - you now have a ribbon/rose garland. This has many uses! You could tie it around a bear's head, or around the neck and tie it off with a bow (see below).





This is our latest Collaboration Bear 'Hazel' wearing her rose collar. We have 20 colours of mini roses to choose from in our store. We also have 10 colours of spotted ribbon. So many colour-mix possibilities!


No comments:

Post a Comment