Monday, June 27, 2011

My Pug

I did it!

{Happy dance around the room}

I made a pug that actually looks like a pug!



This is the photo that inspired my current pug/puppy obsession. This is Muppet, a friend's pug who recently passed away after living a long and happy life. She posted this photo to facebook and I just couldn't stop looking at it. I'd never really noticed how cute pugs are.




My version isn't as rounded at Muppet in the photo above, I would have loved to have replicate the ball-head thing she has going on, but I'm still pretty damn proud of myself! If you had asked me a year or two ago if I thought I could ever design and made a semi-realistic looking pug, I would have said no way!






Meet 'Miss Muppet'. She is now on bearpile as well. I wasn't sure how much interest I'll get for her but I have a feeling she won't last long. (I am a little torn as to whether or not I should keep her, but we have a vet bill today - see my guinea pig blog for details, if you dare! - so it's probably smarter to allow her to go travel the world!)

3 comments: