Friday, January 7, 2011

Bessie (and the never ending rain!)


In my internet wanderings last week I came across a sweet little lady bear called Bessie, and just had to have her! She arrived today bringing with her the most amazing aroma! I am guessing this has to do with whatever it was she was dyed with - My husband thinks its cinnamon, but I can't decide what I think it is! It reminds me of those gorgeous handmade baked goods stalls at early morning markets, or the quintessential 'grandmother's house' of your earliest memories...



Bessie is made by Di Paulovich of Woollybuttbears, a fellow Australian bear artist. If you like little Bessie as much as I do, she has another little guy - Robin Love - in the same style available at present as well.

Bessie was such a nice surprise to wake to this morning, on yet another soggy, rainy day here in Brisbane. We're all incredibly sick of the rain that seems to have been here forever (well, at least the better part of the last 3 months anyway!), and I'm sure many of you will have heard of the devastating floods in the northern part of our state. There are many people here who would like to see some sun I think!




(Even Oliver seems a bit depressed by the weather! There's nothing else for him to do but sleep all day, only venturing out into the rain and soggy backyard when he needs to go to the toilet!)

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a precious lil bear, look at that belly!

    Xoxoxxx Ree

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a precious little thing. Enjoy her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bessy is soooo cute :) you are fortunate to have her :)

    Best wishes,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Em, thanks for adopting Bessie! I'm glad she went to a wonderful new home :0)

    ReplyDelete