Saturday, April 24, 2010
fixing a postage mix-up
In a rather foolish move, i posted the wrong creation to a customer recently. This is my attempt to fix it!
Some of you may remember my first attempts at mohair guinea pigs - Patch and Clover. They both ended up selling on the same day to two different collectors. Patch to France. Clover to the USA. The lady from France paid straight away, so i packed up her guinea pig and posted it off. The lady from the USA asked to pay a little later in the month.
You can probably guess where this is going! When the customer from the USA paid for her guinea pig Clover, i went looking for her to pack up. She was nowhere to be found. But low and behold Patch was sitting there on the shelf smiling at me. My heart sunk as i realised what i'd done! I'd posted Clover to France to the lady who had actually paid for Patch! First time in my 'bear career' that i've ever done anything like this!
So a few very apologetic emails later and the real Patch was on her way to France, and a new Clover was being created. This is the new Clover. Similar enough to have the original charm, but different enough to maintain the OOAK status.
And thankfully the collector from the USA actually likes the new Clover better than the poor little one that's somewhere between Australia and France! :P