Sunday, April 10, 2011
Rosa (Bithia, version II)
This is the newest version of the head I designed for Bithia (the hedgehog-like bear). All I did was extend the forehead up about half an inch, change the curve to bulge outwards slightly at the top (Bithia was an inward scooped shape), and change the angle at the point where the face pieces meet the back head piece. Sounds WAY more complicated than it actually was!
The result was this head shape. A little more aesthetically pleasing, but still with the cute pointed face. Combined with traditional Emma's Bears eye placement and a sculptured nose, Rosa looks a little more mainstream than Bithia!
I have designed this head shape to work with some new safety eyes I've ordered in from etsy though, so once they arrive I'll have to see if the head works with bigger eyes and a wider spaced placement.
Rosa's body was 'borrowed' from my Willa/Attila pattern, and I think it works really well with this new head. I've always loved the big fat head look with the little stumpy arms. The Willa/Attila pattern was originally designed to have the same proportions as Chelsea when she was a chubby 6 month old baby.
My next project is going to be a trio of bears in the original Willa/Attila pattern using three gorgeous pieces of mohair hand-dyed my Alison of eTeddys. I've purchased so much of her amazing mohair that I thought I'd better start using it! So watch this space for 'Heather', 'Pumpkin Spice' and 'Sunny-Rose'.