I did fully intend to work on some little bears as mentioned in my last post. I even got as far as cutting out the pieces... then I got sidetracked, and just had to try and re-design my old guinea pig pattern!
I decided to try for an all-in-one head and body idea this time, with a more realistic look. I figure, if I can get this right, I can always adapt it to include a jointed head later on. Getting the shape perfect is going to be the challenge for now. (guinea pigs are tricky! Or maybe that's just because I'm not the best at working out the whole 3D shape thing...)
Anyways - these are some of my old guinea pig creations from my original design. I wanted to get away from that overly rounded head look. Guinea pigs have much pointer noses.
This is what I ended up with. She still needs a LOT of work, but I'm pretty chuffed with her as a first go!
After I realised the camera battery was flat, I briefly left her sitting in the vegy patch while I went inside to grab a new one. When I came back out I actually got a bit of a startle when I spotted her in the garden. For a split second I thought she was real! :P I figure thats a good sign that I'm on the right track! Chelsea didn't mind her either.
(How funny is this - check out what I posted exactly a year ago on the 11th April 2010! Must be something about the month!)