Sunday, February 19, 2012

Thelred



This little odd-ball is the last of the batch of bears for this week, and I've called him 'Thelred'. He's currently on bearpile and etsy.

He was actually another one of those unfinished projects that you sometimes stumble across in your craft stash. I remember designing/cutting him out about 3-4years BC (Before children!).




He's actually quite typical of the colours I was playing around with back then.

I wasn't sure what I'd think of him, especially as I feel my style has changed somewhat in the last few years, but I'll admit that I was pleasantly surprised when he was finally looking back at me.

I really do quite enjoy making and collecting the more unusual bears. Don't get me wrong, I love a bear with a sweet, cherub face. But there's something that gives the quirky bears a little extra dash of personality... the kind of personality that you could imagine coming to life when you're not in the room!

3 comments:

  1. He does seem to have his vary own unique personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like him so much - his handpainted eyes and the very nice green head charmed me.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What stunning eyes he has. He is a handsom chappy.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete