Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Toulouse

This is the finished bear from my last blog post - Toulouse.





All I ended up doing extra in terms of the face was a bit of scissor sculpting, a mouth and resetting the nose a bit tighter. As much as the non-central facing eyes annoy me, I have to admit I quite like the look they give her. She looks really 'alive'!



The extra bulk of this longer mohair meant the hat was a little harder to fit as well - but we got there in the end. Not bad for my second bear in the three weeks since Byron's arrival if I do say so myself. I haven't priced Toulouse as high as I would normally with the extra work that went into the eyes and nose due to the fact that the eyes are not perfect, so if you like the look of her (squint and all), pop over to bearpile to check out her full listing.

5 comments:

  1. Emma, teddy look adorable, and eyes look stunning with extra details around!Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with that fur! So pretty! And what a sweet wee bear made from it... lovely work as usual Emma!

    ReplyDelete